OPS 571 Final Exam Answers
Last Updated February 2017
ALL UoP OPS 571 Final Exams with perfect score answers are included:
- OPS571 Final Exam 1
- OPS571 Final Exam 2
- OPS571 Final Exam 3
- OPS571 Final Exam 4
- OPS571 Final Exam 5
- OPS571 Final Exam 6
- OPS571 Final Exam 7
1) ________ is when the activities in the stage must stop because there is no place to deposit the item just completed.
A. None of these answers
2) Which of the following is true about make-to-stock processes?
A. Make-to-stock processes can be controlled based on the actual or anticipated amount of finished goods
B. Make-to-stock process is used when demand is seasonal and the firm does not have enough
C. Services by their very nature often use make-to-stock processes.
D. A and B
3) According to your text, the most common process metric is:
A. Throughput time
4) The type of processing structure that is used for producing discrete products at higher volume is:
B. Assembly line
D. Job Shop
5) The best process flow structure to use for making automobiles is?
A. Assembly line
B. Group technology cell
C. Batch Shop
D. Job Shop
6) The major decision variables in equipment selection are:
B. Labor requirements
D. Both A and B
7) In which phase of new-product design process are considerations to target market, desired level of performance, investment requirements and financial impact made:
A. pilot manufacturing phase
B. preliminary process design
C. detailed engineering
D. concept development and product planning
8. Which of the following statements is true about value analysis/value engineering (VA/VE)?
A. The purpose of VA/VE is to simplify products and processes.
B. The objective of VA/VE is to achieve equivalent or better performance at a lower cost.
C. VA is performed before the production stage, while VE deals with products already in production.
D. both A and B
9) Quality Function Deployment
A. is a tool for translating customer requirements into concrete operating and engineering goals.
B. facilitates inter-functional cooperation between marketing, engineering, and manufacturing.
C. provides a better understanding and focus on process characteristics that require improvements.
D. A and B
10) Which of the following is not a dimension of design quality?
11) The category given the maximum point value in the Baldrige award is:
A. Process management
B. Business results
C. Customer and market focus
D. Strategic planning
12) Testing is an example of:
A. External failure costs
B. Internal failure costs
C. Prevention costs
D. Appraisal costs
13) Which of the following is not an assumption of the basic economic-order quantity model?
A. quantity discounts are available
B. ordering or setup costs are constant
C. lead time is constant
D. annual demand is constant and known
14) Counting items to ensure an order is correct, is an example of:
A. stockout cost
B. carrying cost
C. ordering cost
D. Setup cost
15) Independent demand is:
A. inventory that is independent of any known rules of demand and supply
B. demand that is related to the demand for another item
C. demand determined by the marketplace that requires forecasting
D. inventory whose demand comes from independent suppliers
16) A _________ approach actually schedules in detail each resource using the setup and runtime required for each order.
A. Finite loading
B. Forward scheduling
C. Backward scheduling
D. Infinite loading
17) The assignment method is appropriate in solving problems that have the following characteristics:
A. There are ‘n’ things to be distributed to ‘n’ destinations
B. Though each destination may handle all the things, the final assignment has each thing assigned to one and only one destination
C. Only one criterion should be used (minimum cost, maximum profit, for example)
D. A and C
18) Which of the following is not a principle of work-center scheduling?
A. Reschedule every day
B. Schedule jobs as strings, with process steps back to back
C. Obtain feedback each day on the jobs that are completed at each work center
D. Once started, a job should not be interrupted
19) Which of the following according to Goldratt is not a component of production cycle time?
A. Process time
B. Wait time
C. Maintenance time
D. Setup time
20) According to Goldratt and Fox, a useful performance measure to treat inventory is ______.
A. Current ratio
B. Quick ratio
C. Dollar days
D. Inventory turnover